If I had one photo to sum up my 29th year:
I think I kicked ass this year. I lost 25 pounds, I traveled the globe, I paid off some debt, put myself out there in terms of dating, and fell more in love with God and learned at a deeper level what it means to submit and to be humble as a daughter of the Eternal King.
I love this photo because I look fierce, I am in the British Museum in London, and I am doing one of my favorite past times- reenacting art.
Birthday Bucket List
I do a Birthday Bucket List each year. Usually on the eve of my birthday or the day of, I look over my list and thank God for all that I was able to do. These lists bring me so much joy and gratitude.
Some of the Year 29 highlights include:
- Traveled around the UK (had a pint at Tolkien’s pub and went to the Doctor Who Experience)
- Visited Canada for the first time
- Went to a NaNoWriMo Event
- Paid off a credit card
- Lost 10 pounds
- Touched my toes
- Read 29 books (The Martian, Unbroken, Modern Romance, The Innovators)
- Got my Illinois license!
What will 30 bring?
I am excited for this year and what God will do. Here are some of my highlights on my list:
- Read 30 books
- Pay off 1 student loan
- Teach at least five classes at Real University
- Go to a bar with friends
- Finish first draft of novel
- Visit a new state (where should I go?!)